SOLO's Wilderness First Aid
October 15 & 16, 2016
9am to 6pm
WFA Course $200ea
WFR Refresher $230ea
50% deposit require to confirm reservation. Sign up below.
Rock Climb Fairfield & local forest and parks.
WHO IS THE WFA FOR?
The WFA is the perfect course for the outdoor enthusiast or trip leader who wants a basic level of first aid training for short trips with family, friends, and outdoor groups.
This course qualifies as a Wilderness First Responder refresher course.
WHAT IS TAUGHT?
The WFA is 16 hours long (two days), and focuses on the basic skills of: Response and Assessment, Musculoskeletal Injuries, Environmental Emergencies, Survival Skills, Soft Tissue Injuries, and Medical Emergencies.
- Rescue Plan
- Response & Assessment
- Soft Tissue Injuries & Medical Emergencies
- Spinal Cord Injury Management
- Sprains & Strains
- The Human Animal
- Trauma-Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Trauma-Soft Tissue Injuries
- Universal Precautions
- Use of Epinephrine
- What is Wilderness First Aid?
- Anatomy of a Wilderness Crisis
- Anatomy of the Musculoskeletal System
- Backcountry Essentials
- Cold-Related Injuries
- Environmental Emergencies & Survival Skills (including lightning)
- Heat-Related Injuries
- Medical Emergencies & Critical Care
- Patient Assessment System
- Patient Lifting & Moving
- Principles of Fracture Care
IS THERE AN EXAM?
Yes, there is ongoing evaluation of practical skills, and there are written assessments throughout the course.
DO I GET CERTIFIED?
Yes. You will receive a SOLO WFA certification, which is good for two years.